Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 Chevy QTR dillemma.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was hoping you'd chime in. Ok, I'll think of something for that upper moulding. maybe a tuck under or something. That idea was discussed and majority say the same thing as you. I already have it cut out at the seams in the back, which it definitely needed. On the seam behind the taillight for instance they still had the old flange sandwiched in there and was covered with filler before it got blasted.

So now I got a rough idea of what I'll do in that area. what about the door jamb? The quarter doesn't get stuffed above the rocker or anything and seems like an easy cut out if I just cut it out at the factory seams along the lead seam to the rocker and hinge pillar. My concern with that is if the gap to the door isn't right then shifting the quarter means shifting HALF of the taillight opening. and I already assume there will be some surgery around that taillight area as is. Ever have that issue with replacement quarters for a 55? Thoughts?