Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 Chevy QTR dillemma.
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,152 Posts
Henry, I went back thru the thread to see where it was that I said something that I would need to come back and apologize for. The only thing I can come up with is where I said "with a perfect butt you don't need it". Henry, you don't, if you have a perfect butt you don't need a backing. It can help, but I have never done it like that. Saying this doesn't mean I am all knowing, it doesn't mean I am grand standing, it doesn't mean any of that. It means that I have another way to do it. I would have used about 10 C clamp vice grips, I have them all the way from 6" to 24" and I would hold that whole thing with them, then tack weld in between them and remove the clamps. It's just another way to do it. There is no need to apologize for something I didn't do. You did it different, cool. Because I would have done it with the clamps doesn't mean I think you are wrong or not qualified or what ever. It only means I do it a different way. You can bet I won't bother you again with my suggestions.

Attacking me for this is out of line and you really need to lighten up before you have a heart attack.

Brian