55 Chevy Truck springs - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

55 Chevy Truck springs

I just bought a 2nd series 55 Chevy 3100, Some one took the easy way and took out some leaf springs to lower the truck, now it rides down on the bumpers. Will it be better to find a set of used one from back in 55 or is there a better replacement with out raising the truck up to much.

My plans later are to put IFS system on but want to drive it a little before I take it apart.

Also I need a replace steering rod that will fit the ball end OEM steering arms or is there a better replacement for that as well?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

WELCOME to Hotrodders.com

As a Moderator here, I want to be one of the first to WELCOME you here.

I had a 1955 Chevrolet 2nd series 1/2 ton pickup years ago and I also removed a few leafs. Mine almost touched the rubber bump stops. I cut MOST of the bump stop off ... because I liked the ride and the way it looked.

After I grew tired of the Chevrolet and wanted a 1956 Ford F-100 Big Window ... I sold the 55 Chevrolet to a friend. He wanted it raised up. I had thrown away the leafs I had removed so we found a used set of springs and replaced 2 or 3 ( been a long time ago ) leafs and the Chevy came up about 3/4 th to maybe 1 inch. It still rode good ... but he wanted it higher. So we installed all the stock leafs. It went up but the ride was rough and bouncy. He did not like it. So he sold the truck to another guy and the new owner installed a Camaro front clip.

Again ... WELCOME

DEUCE ... Moderator

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 10-01-2010, 11:55 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Deuce Welcome to the forums.The rest of us truck guys hang out in the hotrodders lounge.Check out the thread "55 to 59 chevy truck owners"Bring your lunch it is full of information and Ideas

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.