55 front end....yep monkey hair or steel? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 09:40 AM
No Bodies does it better

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

55 front end....yep monkey hair or steel?

so...I've had this 55 chevy I got from texas a few months ago. Now granted I was told the body was straight and it ran good but needed a tune up. when the car got here I noticed that the front end is not all there..well, it is but the drivers side fender is a bel while the car is a 210 model. it's got hail damage in the hood also in the roof but I think with a torch and some cold rags I can fix that....I've gotta make the car arrow straight as I plan to paint it the deepest black there is. so in other words I'm trying to make the best of my sitaution...oh yeah forgot the lower quarters have been clipped for biger tire clearance....he didn't mention that one either..so those are being replace. But thanks for reading this boring post this long, here's my question. I've been looking at fiberglass front ends. Such as the one peice, and then the build up ones where the panels are all fiber glass but look like the stock with the reg type opening hood. Now since I'm painting the car black should I go with the steel and would anyone know of any decently prices sites that have these? and two if not how would the fiberglass fronts made by up22.com hold up to daily use? yep she's gonna be my daily driver...

thanks
Michael

oh yeah dr chop I'm half tempted to take you up on your ofer of doing chops on a decent price scale...::shakes head::it''ll be awhile but I'd like to take a 210 down to hardtop scale.

"well theres a 49 mercy goin round, ridin about half inch off the ground, I'm in a hot rod gang, 4 barrel caberator with duel exaust don't worry what I spend, just forget about the cost"

Stray Cats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2003, 09:53 AM
Murderator

Last photo:

I'd personally prefer steel for 2 reasons:
-it's original...US steel...something to be proud of. =)
-in the event of a collision, I know for a fact that the steel will help you.

I was actually talking to an EMT and he said that he sees less injuries in older cars where real metal was used.

HTH
Old 09-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Last photo:

I think that is the 55 that I dove up to Tyler to see, what a disappointment that was.

Steel is the way to go, given the choice.

Vince

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.