Hot Rod Forum banner

56 belair paint suggustions

751 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  smoke 
#1 ·
i posted a thrend under"body/exterior" lookin for some color suggestions (or pics) for my belair...im not two toning it,and its goin to be a full blown hot rod....any suggestions??..

#2 ·
What type of 'full-Blown Hot Rod'? Old school? 60's? Pro-Street? Pro-Touring?
What wheels? Interior type/color?

I really think all of these factors matter when choosing just the right color. Paint can make or break a car. There are 'NEW' colors that would go with a modern build and old school colors that go with a period correct Hot Rod.

#5 ·

TexasSpeed said:
What type of 'full-Blown Hot Rod'? Old school? 60's? Pro-Street? Pro-Touring?
What wheels? Interior type/color?

I really think all of these factors matter when choosing just the right color. Paint can make or break a car. There are 'NEW' colors that would go with a modern build and old school colors that go with a period correct Hot Rod.
OOPPS...let me clarify that...56.with small blk,tunnel ram,flip front (glass),fenderwell headers,more as i go along..i guess im lookin street rod,old school,or combo of all...this better??..lol

#6 ·
Now I get the picture!

Red is overdone.
White is un-inspring, like a refrigerator.

I'm thinkin: Emerald Green metallic pearl............
Light mellow yellow
Black - like the American Graffitti 55
Bright blue metallic pearl

All of the above would look best with a white interior. Man I hope you're runnin a straight axle to set it all off!

#7 ·
TexasSpeed said:
Now I get the picture!

Red is overdone.
White is un-inspring, like a refrigerator.

I'm thinkin: Emerald Green metallic pearl............
Light mellow yellow
Black - like the American Graffitti 55
Bright blue metallic pearl

All of the above would look best with a white interior. Man I hope you're runnin a straight axle to set it all off!
acctually....blk interior with buckets,tuk and roll (lookin for seats,hv the swivel bases for now),no straight axle...bright blue mite be a better option,but wish i could look at it like a CD or something...did i mention "no side chrome",and lowered...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.