56 Chev Wagon/Sedan quarter compatibility? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2005, 02:40 PM
analyst

Last journal entry: Dart for sale
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

56 Chev Wagon/Sedan quarter compatibility?

I have a guy who wants to swap me a 56 Chevy 4 door wagon ....fairly good over all, but, the right rear quarter by the tail light got smacked...
the damage runs from the tailight to about the middle of the feder well... it has not damaged the glass on the side window... its lower than that..
.... the tailight assembly is munched...as is metal around it... but the metal
to the left of tailight is fine.... so basically what we are talking about is the middle section metal on the quarter...and the metal that holds the tailight assembly itself.... I have no pics or I would show them...
I am not a body man...so this would be farm out work... and I have not traded for the car....but it is cool and I've always wanted a TRI-5 station wagon hotrodded out..
I have friends with some 56 4 door cars....could the 4 door sedan's be used as donors for the wagons crunched quarter and rear????..... to my
layman's eye it looks like getting the section the tailight sits in back straight would be a real time eater........so I'm thinking fitting metal from a donor would be less time intrusive... and therefore less costly..but since we are talking wagon vs. sedan... I have no idea if that section could be grafted...
it sure would be helpful if it could.....how many 56 part-wagons are out there????.... my guess is not manny....here then is my reason for the question and my delima......
Fire away on your suggestions here..... would like to see what course of action might be..... thanks, Kyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2005, 04:56 PM
ex biker, now hotrodder

keep in mind a 4 door car want bring as much money as a 2 door when its time to sale on this type car
Old 12-28-2006, 09:11 PM

re: 56 4dr

Yes they will fit but why kill another car? As a body man and an owner of 2 wagons myself may i suggest danchuck dot com From the way you explain it you can find all the pannels you need there!

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.