Hot Rod Forum banner

'56 Chevy wagon in Northwest Indiana

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jesse01 
#1 ·
This is the introduction. I am finishing up a '56 Chevy 210 2 door wagon that I bought as a "finished" car (are they ever finished?) in February of this year. I had to go through the thing to fix up the screw ups and get it to where I wanted it to be. It has 605 steering, dropped spindles, 1" lowered springs and 1 1/4" sway bar on the front. The rear has relocated springs to the center of the frame. The rear end is an open stocker with 3.70's. The tranny is a 350 Jasper with a B&M shift kit and 2800 stall converter. The interior is leather with Sebring bucket seats (integral lap and shoulder belts), Vintage Air/Heat, ididit tilt column with shifter. The original motor was a 30 over 350 2 bolt block. The motor let go of the ghost in early June and was replaced by a ZZ4. I've been waiting for a cross flow radiator from Griffin since June 28th (the great aluminum tube shortage of 2005). I've got it so it turns over and makes sparks but still need a cooling system. I have got a few things that I need some help with from this site.
The paint is urethane clear over a Chevy truck teal color and there are some runs in the clear under the driver's door lock and under the stainless strip down the center of the door. If it was lacquer or the old enamels I would just go out and sand till they went away and then buff out the spots. Not real sure how to do it with the urethane.
I have been around cars for 40 years and just recently got back in to rodding. I drag raced for 12 years in Super Gas and Competition Eliminator and got tired of NHRA's treatment of sportsman racers that could mile per hour and still hit the number. So I sold the racecar and hauler and bought another toy.
Thanks for reading this blog. Getting tired of typing.
Any suggestions on the paint issue would be appreciated.
Oldstreetrodder

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.