'56 Chevy wagon in Northwest Indiana - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 02:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

'56 Chevy wagon in Northwest Indiana

This is the introduction. I am finishing up a '56 Chevy 210 2 door wagon that I bought as a "finished" car (are they ever finished?) in February of this year. I had to go through the thing to fix up the screw ups and get it to where I wanted it to be. It has 605 steering, dropped spindles, 1" lowered springs and 1 1/4" sway bar on the front. The rear has relocated springs to the center of the frame. The rear end is an open stocker with 3.70's. The tranny is a 350 Jasper with a B&M shift kit and 2800 stall converter. The interior is leather with Sebring bucket seats (integral lap and shoulder belts), Vintage Air/Heat, ididit tilt column with shifter. The original motor was a 30 over 350 2 bolt block. The motor let go of the ghost in early June and was replaced by a ZZ4. I've been waiting for a cross flow radiator from Griffin since June 28th (the great aluminum tube shortage of 2005). I've got it so it turns over and makes sparks but still need a cooling system. I have got a few things that I need some help with from this site.
The paint is urethane clear over a Chevy truck teal color and there are some runs in the clear under the driver's door lock and under the stainless strip down the center of the door. If it was lacquer or the old enamels I would just go out and sand till they went away and then buff out the spots. Not real sure how to do it with the urethane.
I have been around cars for 40 years and just recently got back in to rodding. I drag raced for 12 years in Super Gas and Competition Eliminator and got tired of NHRA's treatment of sportsman racers that could mile per hour and still hit the number. So I sold the racecar and hauler and bought another toy.
Thanks for reading this blog. Getting tired of typing.
Any suggestions on the paint issue would be appreciated.
Oldstreetrodder

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2005, 05:09 PM
mini me

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

try the paint and body forum, you'd probably get a better response there

good luck, J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.