Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 56 Ford F100 to a S10 Chassis?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 07:47 PM

Last journal entry: Regrouping
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I know each of us are intitled to their own opinion, but I have to disagree on frame swaps being a looser way out. I myself am putting a '66 F100 on a '97 Crown Vic frame. Yes it will be lots of work, but it'll do so much more than modifying the stock frame. I am one of those people that likes it low. In fact, I want to drag the rockers on the ground. This particular frame I chose is almost half the size of the stock truck frame. Sooo,....without channeling my truck over the stock frame and loosing headroom, I use the car's smaller frame and get the same effect. Plus, I'm poor. I can't afford to drop $1500 on a front IFS, and $xxxx.xx on the rear 4 link. My swap will get me the desired ride height and quality of a stock crown vic, late model engine and drivetrain, and I picked this up for $600. So, it takes me a little more effort and a little longer, but it's a trade off I'm willing to do.

So, it alls comes down to what you want to spend your time and money on. If you have the time and the donor chassis, why not. The S-10 has been around from 1982-2004. Parts really aren't that expensive, plus everyone has them. Try walking into your local parts store and getting a bushing set for you '56 F100 without having to get them ordered, not likely. Good luck with your decision.