Hot Rod Forum banner

56' Olds floor pans...

948 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RetroJoe 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a 56' olds that needs new floors in it. I was told that 56' Chevy floor pans will work, is this true? I haven't found anyone that makes floors for a 56' Olds, do any of you guys know of anyone? Thanks for any tips, or leads, Joe.

#3 ·
Since Chevies and Pontiacs of the 1950s share more common pieces then the Olds or Buicks, my first response would be "NO" the '56 Chevy floor pans won't work for you.

It all depends on how handy you are? Afterall with a little persuasion I could get a set of floor pans for a '66 Stang to fit my '57 Chevy.

Is there any sheet metal shops near you? You could always try measuring the space you need to cover and either make a template or detailed drawing then have this sheet metal shop form replacement floor pans for you.

I know when I worked in Tool & Die we had plenty of sheet metal around for projects I wanted to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.