Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 5600 rpm stutter
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 03:15 AM
More for Less Racer

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedog
sorry don't know your answers , my builder isn't saying what springs he used and I haven't measured them or have the tools to do so. I don't think I have a problem with bigger diameter springs. I don't know what my heads will accept,sorry.
Pretty hard to make any kind of direct part # recommendation without some idea of what will fit in there, but basically you would be looking at 125-140 lbs seat with 300-340 lbs open. You're going to have to get in there with a pair of calipers and at least get a diameter and use the depth finder on the caliper to get a decent idea of installed height.

You can get a functional digital 6" caliper off Ebay for as low as $12 or so, I paid $16 for a 10" that I carry in the truck just for general use when I'm out and about helping friends or at a swap meet. They may not be totally accurate to the .001" like an expensive one, but if it is within .002"-005" it's close enough for this type of work.

Howards Cams/Competition Products at www.competitionproducts.com has a very good selection of valvesprings at real good prices, you should take a look there.