Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 57 Chevy Belair gear ratio selection
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Driveshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
Nolan;

Is that the factory 4th Gen aluminum D/S?
Nate, My wifes '94 Z28 is bone stock. We ordered it new, LT1,4L60E,3.23 limited slip. 4L60E od is .7:1 Its a small steel driveshaft. When all the new was worn off, I went to top end run it(its supposed to do 150) and noticed the vibration frequency starts above 80-85 and increases with speed. The cure is a 1LE option aluminum driveshaft. I told my wife how it would be a good idea to get the 1LE piece, she said, just keep it under 85, its MY car. I could have ordered it with the 1LE package, but the factory warns you in big print that the ride is extremely harsh and should be only used in racing applications and police pursuit vehicles. She said no on the 1LE and I want T-tops, it is HER car. Oh, It will do a buck-fifty

My '97 SS has a PST 3 1/2" custom built shaft with 1350 u-joint setup, T56/2.66 1st, Moser 12 bolt, 33 spline axles,4.10 posi. It has no vibration at all. Haven't ever tryed to top end this one, ain't a safe enough road around here and besides, I don't wanna go to jail.
Maybe some day, Ohio Mile or Nevada Speed Challenge. In the meanwhile just the dragstrip.

Sorry about the hi-jack h0trod. Nolan

Last edited by OLNOLAN; 06-05-2013 at 02:25 PM.