Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 57 Chevy- convertible from 2dr post?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 04:17 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I kind of assumed the boot area would need to be larger in the verts because it needs to accommodate the top frame and mechanicals where there is normally just the little rear shelf.

Does anyone know what's different about the windshield/cowl/etc? I don't even care about the vin, I'm not trying to fool anyone. Like I said, just looking to build a decent cruiser.

I did some searching for the conversion kits, but was having trouble finding anything. Plus anything I came across mentioned the kits out there were only for 2/4dr hardtops so I lost interest. Plus when you do all your own fabricating, I don't really need a kit. Especially when the kits are $7-8k for a some sheetmetal

I love posts also, but they're quite a bit more common so I doubt the world will miss just one. Especially since I know of a couple with caved in roofs that have just been sitting like that for years and will probably never be otherwise fixed. I figure cutting one into a vert is still better than a post being left to die.

Last edited by stmotorsports; 10-25-2011 at 04:27 PM.