Hot Rod Forum banner

57 chevy frame alignment question... please help!

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  reborn55 
#1 ·
Hey all... I have a 57 2-door chevy that is nothing more than a frame right now, I was about to start sandblasting the frame and getting it ready for all the suspension i just bought... BUT... BUT here it comes....

Something didnt look right around front frame area where the control arms mount... It didnt look level..

Everything is stripped off the frame. suspension, brakes... everything, it is a bare frame resting on the flat concrete (And i tested the floor too. and it IS level)

Anyway the problem is the driver side of the frame is sitting about 1/4" higer than the passenger side. I have never seen a frame "off" so much It seems to level out right aroud the tranny area then the rest of the frame all the way to the rear bumper mounts is 100% level.

There doesnt appear to be any damage to the frame wher eit was straightened or anything. So I am at a loss.

Anyone have any ideas? I dont want to get too far into the rebuild then I find out the alighment is off 1/4" and cant be resolved.

Thanks in advance guys (& gals)!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.