57 ford /gm 605 p/s wanders bad - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 12:26 PM
"Don't need no V/8"-grandpaw

Wiki Edits: 0

How long have they been doing this...

I wonder how many people got burned and did nothing? These people "god bless you" as they s---- you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Sacred Steel

Last journal entry: The dash
Last photo:

I also filed a complaint with the BBB. I don't expect a response from them. I don't think Frank has the stones to talk directly to his former customers about their problems. If he did, he would have worked with us from the get go. Of all the calls and emails I placed with them wanting to talk with HIM about the issues to see if we can get them resolved, he never once responded. His wife responded to emails. It blows my mind to know that some people run business like this. I was more than willing to except the fact that people make mistakes and work with him on this but for them to just blow us off is unexceptable.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:52 PM
aka Duke of URL

Last wiki edit: Finding vacuum leaks Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

What is most likely to happen is a few of these boxes are going to lock causing collisions and/or injury. I imagine very few know of the design problems and subsequently cannot take proper recourse.

Maybe notify NHTSA?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:43 PM

franks stones

I agree about Frank,not only does he produce a defective product,he "god blesses"you.If you have his steering box in your car you need god as your co-pilot.Lack of stones,that goes without saying!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:29 PM

update 2/9/07

Just got final decision from BBB of MN/ND.They got an "unresolved" raiting.Thats the best I could hope for,GEARHEADS CRUSIER PRODUCTS GOT MY $1196.00 ND and I got screwed.There are ,I am sure, there are other victims.I hope people would check company reviews or BBB.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:45 AM
aka Duke of URL

Get A Load of This

-ROD & CUSTOM TECH ARTICLE-GEARHEADS PS BOX KIT-

-GEARHEADS CRUISER PRODUCTS PS BOX CONVERSION KIT DESCRIPTION-

Am Looking For Factory/Aftermarket Speed Parts For The MEL (MERC-EDSEL-LINC-TBIRD) Engine Family (383-410-430-462) Produced From 1958 To 1968

Also Early FORD Special Service Tools

-Mercury-Edsel-Lincoln- Engine Forum

Last edited by poncho62; 10-21-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:24 AM
aka Duke of URL

-ANOTHER DISCUSSION FROM A FORD BOARD-
Old 03-05-2007, 08:02 PM

BBB value

The BBB changed there final decision, Gearheads offered to 'fix' stearing box at my cost !! [thats after they got $1196.00]Don't need their box now.Because of this 'offer' the BBB gave Gearheads a satifactory rating.I guess that sums it up for the value of BBB!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 AM

Hi, new member Kathie here.........I have just read comments by Grandpaws 57 - Rick w/T-Bird and others. My mechanic husband does not do computers so 'I' have been hunting for web site like this to help? and or address our problems.
Installed a Gearheads Cruiser Prod. steering box in my '62 Galaxie. Did not work properly from the get go. Got info on adjustment from 'them' ....did not solve problem of free wheeling to the left. Had local company try to fix, due to desire to get this car on the road a.s.a.p. We were also told it was 'unsafe' and not to use it, could even lock up?
Correspondence with Gearheads has not been satisfying.
Anybody else out there have a solution?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:21 AM

Last photo:

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the only advice you will get on here is ditch that piece of crap box and replace it with a wurthit designs rack and pinion. i don't work for wurthit but have been part of this thread for a while and have not found any one with good things to say about the gearhead cruiser products
Old 06-12-2007, 09:10 AM

junk by gearheads

Aw yes another victim, got god blessed too I bet !!!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:06 AM
Sacred Steel

Last journal entry: The dash
Last photo:

I'm sorry you got screwed like us but I'm glad that you spoke up and maybe others will follow. You will not get your money back and if you send it back to them to "fix", it won't be any different than what it is now. I bet they told you that you need to upgrade the rest of your steering components in order for it to work properly . The only thing you can do is cut your losses and chalk this up to another lesson learned . Good luck
Old 06-13-2007, 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=59 wagon man]sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the only advice you will get on here is ditch that piece of crap box and replace it with a wurthit designs rack and pinion. i don't work for wurthit but have been part of this thread for a while and have not found any one with good things to say about the gearhead cruiser products[/QUOTE
Old 06-13-2007, 11:00 PM

kathie kadillac

Dear 59 wagon man, looks like I need to perfect the techniques to use this forum. Not sure how your quote wound up on my attempt to reply?
Thanks for responding, even with news we figured might be bad. Have another '63 box that was never installed and will never be now. My guess is... that one is probably just as poorly made and just as dangerous as the '62.
Gearheads Cruiser Products continues to ignore my requests for a refund. They offered to examine the '62 box and perhaps fix it. They must have had second thoughts about suggesting additional parts, or coolers, etc.
In all our many years of dealing with manufactures' of after market items for rods, or classics, this is the first company that has turned out to be a real joke.
I'll let you know what happens. And we'll check out the Wurth r&p. Local chap we know got one and is very happy! Thanks, Kathie
Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 AM

Last photo:

no problem with the quote. the only thing about the wurth rack and pinion is he is having some major medical problems with his wife and you will need patience. he is a nice guy and sells a good product from what i have read on here and yes i do have his system but it is not installed yet.if you go to his website "wurthit designs" you will see what i am talking about

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.