Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 57 pontiac brake booster woes!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

57 pontiac brake booster woes!

ok, i really wanted to put disc brakes on my 57 pontiac, but there is no way that little master would ever push enough fluid for the disc brakes. As most pontiac guys know if it's a Canadian built pontiac your in luck as far as easy way out, chevy motor, almost everything is the same as 57 chevy. The American pontiacs well, pain in the rear, because almost nobody makes any bolt on stuff, inless it also happens to fit a chevy, than your in luck. So, i wanted to pass this on to us 1957 pontiac owners that were wanting to upgrade your master cylinder, but know that there is no upgrade. I made an adapter that uses the spinnoff part of the rear of the stock master, and some good old brainstorming to put this together. I don't know how this willwood master will perform with discs in front and drum in rear, i'm hoping that the booster will provide enough stopping assistance. I hope the pic is ok it is from my phone so sorry if it stinks. the teck like at willwood said the master would be more than enough to stop the car, it has a 1" bore and a 2" stroke. I'm just not sure how the booster will perform. I would love some feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0043.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	58766   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0040.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	58767