Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '59 Ford F100 Pickup with Buick engine
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 07:58 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

'59 Ford F100 Pickup with Buick engine

I just today got my "new" '59 Ford short bed fleetside pickup over to my son's barn. He has given me (great price) an '84 Buick LeSabre 2 door for a donor car to pull the drive train for the truck.I have an 59 F100 panel truck I bought first but since the pickup is in better shape I will have the Buick mill put in the pickup and will try to revive ole Lazarus later on. I know very little about the 307 v8 4 barrel engine.This one has 105k miles and was really driven by a little old lady, not sure if she was from Pasadena or not.
What is the horse power and general proformance like on the Buick? I think it will be quick enough for this grandpa of 59 years.Naturally I'd rather have a nice Ford v-8 or a Chevy 350 but I think the Buick should be Ok.
What are your thoughts on the Buick--horse power and performance wise.Is this a good choice?? I hope so 'cause the price really fits nicely into my budget right now. I asked a friend what sort of Chevy engine was most like the 307 Buick and his answer was a 307 Chevy-I have been out of touch for a while and not keeping up on cars like I should.I have the bug now and I'm ready to build something that should be a lot or work and fun.
Thanks for any advise, Mike