Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 59 Rambler Unibody floorpan questions
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Its the right tool if it works

Last journal entry: Bondo oh no!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

59 Rambler Unibody floorpan questions

Hey guys,

So glad I found this forum, I started my journal at Hot Rod Photo Journal - 59RAMBLERSUPERWAGON's Journal

In entry two you can see the cancerous floor rot I am about to start dealing with. four main sections driver and passenger floorboards front and rear.

I am a capeable welder and have fabbed up many different parts and peices over the years. I have not however ever had to address rotten floors in #1 a car which you cannot buy ready made patch panels and #2 a unibody car. I am in no way affraid of the project, but I certianly can use any input you guys have on how to tackle this rusty situation.

Luckily the rusted areas are in sections and I assume that I should tackle one section at a time to ensure structural integrity. I have made note of where bracing in under the rotten areas and belive that I should trim around the bracing carefully first and clean the braces up and patch if nessicary.

I have some access to bead rollers and a sheer so that should help a ton. Tomorrow I will take more detailed photos of the individual sections for you all to see what I am up against. I know that there are some experianced people here and any help would be appreciated.

Scott