600 dp holley carb question - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 02:53 AM
PO-BOYS-TOYS!!

Last journal entry: My new 55 chevy pretty sharp
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

600 dp holley carb question

hello, guys quick question, i just picked up a 600 Holley pumper carb. list number 4776 - 2 And below that i think is the year it was made? that number is 3488.... i need to know if its a 4150 or a 4160 style because i need to order a rebuild kit.....

also when it comes to a 4150 or a 4160 is there even any difference in the carb rebuild kits???

i was needing a 750 DP or bigger carb for a 408 im building but i got this 600 DP in on trade and figured i would have some fun with it,,,, going to try to make it is big as i can w/o spending a ton,,, i was going to cut the choke tower off and smooth all that out,, add bigger jets and jet extension for the rear,, might stick 4.5 power valves or just block off plates in the front and back or just the back.,,,(all depends on what jet size's i go with)

****** also looking for the best HP kit i can get for this carb,, for around the 80 and cheaper price range,,,, i here the AED kits are good???

ANY HELP WITH WHAT CARB I HAVE and what year it is,, would be great. ALSO any extra info on what kit to stick in it,,, AND any other tricks to wake this little 600 DP up would be great also,,,

THANKS FOR ANY HELP GUYS,,,,

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 04:01 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

AED is just fine. In fact if you call them and give them your numbers they`ll sell you the correct kit.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:28 AM

double pumpers are 4150's and vac secondarys are 4160

your power valve is determined by idle vacuum and cruise vacuum, you cant just throw one in there willy nilly. same with your jetting. something i do with every holley carb i get is fully dismantle it and clean all the casting flash, youd be surprised how much is in some of them. next thing i do is mill the choke horn off (i dont run a street car) then most of the time the linkage that connects the primaries to the secondaries needs to be bent/adjusted to make sure both sides open fully, for some reason out of the box the secondaries seem to only open 7/8. another thing that can be done is to smooth out the butterfly screws that hang out in the way, though its a good idea to locktite them in before you do this. they are swaged at the factory, but when you smooth them out you remove this and it could be possible for it to back out and fall in the engine.

depending on your rpm range, this may not be near enough carb for your application. it will provide great throttle response and low end power, but will run out of air around 5000 or so. if you plan on spinning this thing up to 6500 or so, id go with the 750

Last edited by TryMe; 02-19-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:29 AM

All Dp Holley is 4150 series except the dominator and avenger.
The 4160 is Vacum secondary Holley

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.