'62GMC 1/2ton Front Brakes/Suspension Questions - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 04:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

'62GMC 1/2ton Front Brakes/Suspension Questions

I just inherited my dad's '62GMC.

The body and mechanicals are still stock. This is "ok" with me, but I'd much rather have disc brakes on the front. Power steering would me a nice addition too.
The 305v6 with a spun crank bearing is being replaced with a 250/Powerglide from a '68 Nova.

I want to keep the original 6 lug rims.

I've looked around the internet some and haven't found any really good advice. Hence, my asking here!

Any and all feedback is welcome since I'd really like to make this truck a nice cruiser that'll get decent mileage on the highway.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 05:35 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network - Powered by 67-72chevytrucks.com

and hit up the section for your year truck..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to gearheadslife For This Useful Post:
ancientx (05-05-2013)

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.