Hot Rod Forum banner

63 falcon PROJECT

894 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  matt167 
#1 ·
I just bought this 63 falcon its all stock with the drum breaks 170 engine 4 lugs. im shure u guys all ready no were im going with this. I want disbreaks ,power steering and the front suspension to hold a v8. I want a good rearend. and i want the c4 trany. IM wondering if i can get some info on this .know how to in stall it all but dont know how to go about picking the parts. like i see people using the mustang II front ends and ford 9" ends.I just want to find the right set up and and a great price to buy it.not looking to go crazy just build a nice ride with some power and little problems .CAN SOME ONE HELP

#2 ·
'63's had the 260 V8 as an option, with the 170 6cyl as the std engine.. so you have a source for the parts.. now you'll need a v8 parts car.. theres a few things like spindles and brakes can come from a Granada/ monarch ( with a tie rod adaptor ).. but IIRC, the '63 v8 stuff was a 1 year only deal ( the cars retained the V8 for '64 but there much diffrent, even tho simmilar cars in mech design ).. I know the frame to engine brackets were diffrent than '64-'65 so you'll need them and also to do the swap 'correctly' a V8 steering box.. power steering might be possible with a mustang P/S box. also, you'll want Maverick 8"... why not a warmed up 6cyl? it'll move the light roundbody just fine.. 1 '63 runs in the 10's on a turbocharged 250 and it's streetable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.