Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 63 ford gear box ( Fairlane )
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:42 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Looking for someone tjhat know anything about the 63

I'm a 63 Fairlane owner. 2dr post with a 221 Windsor and the 2sp Fordomatic and I believe 8.8" rear end. 13" wheels. Black with red interior. 500 trim. It sat in a friends grandpa's garage for like 29 years and it's sat in mine for the last 4.

Body is good, no rust, interior is good as well, a little rip in the headliner, but on the seam. One softball size dent on the roof right at the point where the roof meets the a pillar on the drivers side, but the pillar isn't damaged at all, and either is the chrome around the windshield.

I'd like to pull the 221 and install a 351 Windsor and maybe a C4, C6. I already have the 351 and it has whatever tranny that came with it out of a 74 Mercury Monarch. Maybe the FMX??

I want to either update the suspension and running gear, or if that is too expensive, I'm also considering turning the car into a Street Gasser. I don't plan on ever using the car for daily transportation, so a weekend warrior Gasser would really be cool.

351, dual quads with the old school fat stacks, cheetah slicks for the street, skinny's up front wrapped around the Shelby Cobra style wheels....Hmmmm, what do you think??

Or is it cheaper to keep it more on the stock side with all the up graded equipment??

I'll say thanks in advance, and tell you its nice to meet another 63 owner.

You can contact me at davewf23@yahoo.com

I'd also invite anyone reading this thread to feel free to contact me if you feel you have something that you think will help.

Thanks Again, Dave Ford