64 Buick Electra - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2003, 10:47 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

64 Buick Electra

Hi everyone,
I am in need of a heat riser for my buick. The engine is a 401 nailhead and the previous owner must have made a blank out of the original one by tearing out the guts and putting a couple nuts and bolts through the holes. If anyone knows of where I might be able to get a new one it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Ian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2003, 02:38 PM

Try Freman's Auto at 138 Kountz Rd., Whitehall MT 59759. Phone 406-287-5436, or e-mail fremansauto@bigplanet.com. I've got a '61 Buick Invicta and I know he's got a 401 nail head in the car I'm getting parts from.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:21 PM

Last photo:

Not that this has anything to do with your problem, but I used to have a 66 Electra 225 convertible many years ago. It had a 401 in it. Strangest lookin engine I had ever seen. Maybe thats where Edelbrock got the idea for their Air Gap intakes.LOL
Intake ports sat flat on a bench. And as I recall the pushrods actually "crossed" the valves which were straight up and down. Good Engine minus the junk Carter AFB carb with frozen secondaries. Rated at and only weighed about 4200 lbs.325 hp, I think.
Car itself was pretty sweet. Excellent smooth ride. Had cruise control and an overspeed alarm, vacuum trunk release, hydraulic top, power windows and seats...........and only weighed about 4200+ lbs.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.