Hot Rod Forum banner

64 tbird converting to sequential taillights

966 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mmartin1872 
#1 ·
actually this is 2 questions... i noticed that i believe the 65s have sequential taillights. is it possible to get a 65 sequential module and install it on a 64? My other question is where would be a good place to get an entire wiring kit for my car so that i can get rid of all the questions of why is this wire hanging here, because the previous owner cut a whole bunch of wires that i haven't bothered to trace where they are going or from... Thanks for the help

#2 ·
you can find the original sequencers on ebay time to time, there are also a couple of aftermarket outfits making an electronic sequencer. look in a rod and custom or do a search for sequencers.....
as far as a replacement wiring harness, you can find a ford specific harness, they are spendy, where you can get an ez wire (or comparable) harness for less than 2 bills..... just have to figure out what goes where, and which connector goes where.....

#3 ·
thanks for the response... I'll check out that ezwire harness... My main thing is the car was sitting for a while and everytime i look it seems that there is a cut wire for no reason, or else there is actual white powdery corrosion on the wire connections/in the harnesses on the wire sleeves etc.

#4 ·
i hear what your saying about ratty old wiring..... trust me.;)
nothing like a motorcycle catching on fire as your going down the road on it:drunk:........
my bro in law found an outfit that makes an oe type ford harness for the f150 trucks, has the terminal 'ford' plug ends done and all, just swap out with the old one, for close to $500. would be with s&h and all... or the ezwire for 169 and lay it out and cut and solder or crimp or whatever to terminate the ends.......
i'll spend the buck eighty when the time comes.

#6 ·
I would forget about the original T-Bird sequential unit if I were you. The original unit was a mechanical motor driven cam switch with numerous contacts. It was a real nightmare when it gave trouble, which was quite often. Go with an electronic unit and never look back.

Vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.