Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 65 chevelle tire rub...sway bar?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 12:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
But my original point is he has no idea what the camber is!! How on earth are we to start changing parts when we don't even know what the front end is at right now? We have changed spindles, aftermarket MODIFIED from original design spindles and we have no idea what the camber is!

You are probably right in that the narrower tire, rim and/or a rim with less offset is probably the best way to go. But we don't even know the rims and tires are on the car!

Brian

Brian
"But my original point is he has no idea what the camber is!! " obviously i dont care about YOUR original point. I was responding to what the original poster had posted and responded accordingly... Nice usage of the exclamation point btw

"How on earth are we to start changing parts when we don't even know what the front end is at right now?" Maybe I was not concise enough in my original response and I apologize... I am simply suggesting he not worry about adding any additional parts until he gets his tires inboard of his fenderlips. ( hence: "but in a nut shell... you still need to change the offset of the wheels......")

"We have changed spindles, aftermarket MODIFIED from original design spindles and we have no idea what the camber is! " Again... nice execution of the exclamation point. I assume that your literary instructors had no tolerance for mundane essays. this is exactly why I left the response I did under proposed solution B. I did not feel the need to possibly drag the original poster through the mud if he did not know what kind of spindle he put on the car... instead I listed the effects of each type of common spindle replacement.

"You are probably right in that the narrower tire, rim and/or a rim with less offset is probably the best way to go. But we don't even know the rims and tires are on the car!" Again, I commend you on punctuation usage

I would be confident that if the forum board was designed to be polarized to your responses then behind each one of your responses it would lock the thread down so that nobody else could post behind you. However, being that it is not, I may... at times... feel the need to post MY opinion