Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 65 Ford F100...Biggest Engine without Cutting
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

65 Ford F100...Biggest Engine without Cutting

Howdie boys (and gals). I'm going to continue to search and find this info myself, but until I find it I figured that I would go ahead and put the question out there. I've found a nice 65 F100 StepSide (FlareSide, whatever you wanna call it) Roller and I'm start'n to track down the pieces of the puzzle. She has no engine/tranny. I've been told at another, less classy or sophisticated, site that I should run a stock 6 and tranny combo for "reliability". That sounds very boring to me. I'm wanting something that will break the rearend loose. The engine bay is bare....stipped COMPLETELY and looks big enough in there to squeeze an S10 in. Not counting the money that will be spent on the roller ($2500), my budget is going to be around $5000.....that's stretched over 2 years. Hit me with some of that knowledge and give me some ideals on a engine....better yet, and engine/tranny suggestion would be great too.

I'm going to try to post a couple pics, hope this works.

Is $2500 too steep for what your seeing in the pics????