Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '65 volvo wagon - chopped top & cutout roof
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Swedish Mob Mobile

Last journal entry: painted!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

im going to of course go for building my own first.. attempt to save myself some kind of money..

i've been to home depot several times and have looked around for brackets/rails/etc that would work.. and the best thing i have so far is to use the type of rail & wheel set like how some older house sliding closet doors are.

how it's a rail that bolts/screws onto the wall, then hangs about 1/2 an inch down, and has a wheel that rides in the slot like a train track.

either modify the bracket so i can weld a rod on the ends, or remove the center axle of the wheel, and find a way to run aluminum rods through them. keeping the height of the rods that would hold the top as high as possible.

i'll look for an image of what im talking about, or if i cant find it, i'll take some pictures with my camera phone when i get to a home depot.

what type of material is usually used for tops? im looking to go with a white top, so is there some special canvas that i can find at some carpet store? michaels? etc?