Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '65 volvo wagon - chopped top & cutout roof
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Swedish Mob Mobile

Last journal entry: painted!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by home brew
As for the sliding top have you thought of going to a wrecking yard and looking for a sliding bed cover from a pickup and then modifying it to fit?
never thought about that.. always figured of creating it out of new pieces i would find at home depot & hardware stores..

do u have an image of what ur talking about? a sliding bed cover from a pickup? only thing that i can picture is one of those hardtops for a pickup that has struts that props the rear of it up..

i got the material for the roof today. $40 for 2.5 yards long, and enough to cover the roof from drain to drain.. white exterior, waterproof & made to withstand weather.. it's normally used for boats & such..

now, the idea of using buttons is still in my mind.. but im afraid that the buttons may tear through this material, and now also, i have to build ribs, and have them sewn onto the cover, i plan on using the original holes that were used by the ribs that held & gave shape to the original headliner.

gotta find these rubber caps, and find some metal rod that would fit through them, cut them to size, make sure the roof has good shape, then it should be closer to getting done!

more bodywork to be done today & the next week to get it done. i'll be shooting the upper half of the car white myself by the end of next week..