66 mustang coil-over front suspension ? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

66 mustang coil-over front suspension ?

Can anyone help me determine what the main difference is between the 2 types of coil over suspension that Mustang plus offers; the first is a coil over susp. which is bolted to the top of the shock tower and the bottom of the coil over is bolted to the top of the upper control arm, and the second type is the more expensive one which is similar to what total control offer where the coil over is bolted to the top of the shock tower and the bottom end is connected to the lower control arm. My plans for this car is street performance and partially road race vehicle (every year an event called the Big Bend Open Road Race is held and eventually i would like to participate; not to exceed the 130 MPH class) I understand that yeah most of you may say, you get what you pay for however both are coil over and adjustable and is there any one out there that has tried either of them and if so was there a big difference or a waste of time and some money. . the Ron morris kit is 7 bills and the street force is over 24 hundred; if I do go with the Ron Morris Kit i will also upgrade upper and lower control arms as well as the strut rods from cjpony parts (of course not with stock replacements) so with tat said i will still end up spending just a little under 2K. just need some advise from the exp. Thx 6T6fstbk.....

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Gotta love a turbo!

Last journal entry: Body on Frame today.
Last photo:

I put an RCM kit in my Maverick, these guys are great to deal with and the kit is available in various stages.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0204s.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	29083   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0173s.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	29084   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0189s.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	29085  
Old 04-06-2008, 09:09 PM

Thx for the info, i will keep that site in mind for my rear diff. conversion. again thx....

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.