Hot Rod Forum banner

66 mustang gauge cluster wiring harness

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SouthernRascal39 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, Is there any ford mustang guys here that can tell me if a 67 gauge cluster wiring harness will work on a 66 gauge cluster? I have been looking all over and they make a harness for the 67 but not for the 66. For the 66 you have to get the whole under dash wiring harness. I have purchased a painless wiring kit for my car, and not trying to buy the under dash kit as well, thats another $400. Will it be better to just wire it up myself with the painless kit that i have???? Thank for your help

#2 ·
The 67 is a different animal altogether. The cluster is different and the gauges are different. It could be fabricated to work in a 66, but I think you'd be better off using the kit you already have in that case. I would check with places like Sacramento Mustang, Mustangs Unlimited, and other Mustang parts aftermarket suppliers, I'm sure they have just the wiring kit you need and not the entire wiring harness as you mentioned. I went to a junk yard and found a 66 and pulled the wiring from it along with the entire gauge cluster for reference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.