Hot Rod Forum banner

67 Camaro No Brake Pedal

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  techinspector1 
#1 · (Edited)
Building a 67 Camaro; installed disk brakes both front and back, bleeders are at the top, all new steel brake lines and hoses, new master cylinder. I have pumped fluid through it, bled brakes and have no air in system that I can tell but still no pedal. I went and purchased another brand new master cylinder, thinking maybe the first one was bad, still no brake pedal. The master cylinder on it now is for a 1970 Z28 with all 4 disk brakes. Bench bled newest master cylinder, all air out, installed on car, tried bleeding brakes. Started with furthest brake and worked way to closest, repeated many times, getting all fluid and no air, still no brake pedal. I am not running a booster, master cylinder only. Too big a cam for vacumn.

I have read that not having a proportioning valve could be my problem, I do not have one. Is this the cause of my problem

Anyone have any suggestions.

#4 ·
I would just crack one of the connections loose at any caliper and stomp on the brakes, having a buddy there to look at the connection to see if any fluid is forced out. No fluid forced out at the caliper means no compression inside the master or obstructions in the lines. Is there a power brake vacuum can involved?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.