67 GMC 3/4 ton truck brakes - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 02:16 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

67 GMC 3/4 ton truck brakes

it has drum brakes on it now would like to change to disc been told that any thing from 79 to 85 will be a direct bolt on does any one know if this will work?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 11:45 PM
NUCKINFUTS MOTORSPORTS

you have to take everything including the lines, EVERYTHING.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:08 AM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:

hi there kandydude welcome to HR forums.

well anything '71 72 or '73-87/'91 are the chassis year changes groups on the full size GM trucks blazers jimmies burbs panels etc.

upper balljoints different too

otherwise take everything from the donor truck

there is an oval shaped hole in the frame rails on these 72 older trucks where a brake hose end will be able to pass through and be attached to the frame, this is in front of the control arm, in the frame rail itself.

keep all partsd you get for it the same year bnecause the calipers did change slighlty a few times over the years

and 71 72 are unique to those two years so are the brake rotors they have a cooling groove in the pad face of them these two years i dont know why,

in 73 they did away with this groove inthe rotors. and changed the cvalipers and hoses also

and,....... in 73 the control arm bushings on the 1/2 tons changed to rubber non greaseable

72 older all were solid greaseable bushings

in 73-up the 3/4 ton and 1 tons still were solid type CA bushings just like the 72 older all series.

i like to unbolts the entire cradle and crossmember assembly as a complete unit from the donor truck and bolt it to the frame rails of the 72 older truck chassis
any specific info or factory info or factory specs or numbers needed let me know i have bilions of sheets, books, specs, rpo code lists and model code lists and info here for the gm trucks most years of the 60s and 70s and 80s etc. i can get you pics of the original factory specs drawings and other interesting things too.......
Old 06-14-2010, 09:20 AM

Last photo:

I got disc brake stuff off a '72 Chevy 3/4 ton for my '69 C-20. Calipers, rotors, spindles and drag link. Should be able to use '72 ball joints in my '69 a-arms. I'm waiting though cause everything in my drum brake setup is brand new. Will probably go 4 wheel disc with these brackets: http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...ket-p-289.html
Another good link for you is: www.67-72chevytrucks.com

Last edited by Sinister; 06-14-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.