Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 671 weiand blower on 351w (problems)
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 02:33 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

check out the ecu i have. may help some people on here ??
http://www.omextechnology.co.uk/

ok i have emailed the company and listed out what you have suggested. i think they may send me a new map to upload to the ecu. if its easy then i think i could change the settings to be more in line with your suggestions.will wait and see.

now on the ecu software it says changes of 1 incrament in my timimng alimanet setting box = 30 degrees. i have it set at 1.35 . so i presume thats about 41 degress ish? but advanced or retarded ? i will find out as im not sure.

on the crank trigger wheel it has a missing tooth and that shows tdcat piston number 1 when it is at the strobe timing light. so thats reading correctly. obviously waiting for the 4 strokes and passes of the missing tooth to come around. suck squeeze bank blow ah !!!

the only sensors i have for now are

map sensor ( srewed into the inlet manifold which senses manifold presure)
tps sensor ( on side of carb primary butterfly spindle)
crank sensor ( trigger wheel on front of pulley )
knock sensors ( one each side of the block inbetween the 2 middle cylinders)

i remember they set the timmimg to be set depending on the current tps sensor reading. it reads from 30 to 241. its a little elctric devise that i have mounted on the side of the primary throttle spindle bar. so it shows closed and wot as readings of - close =30 ( ie butterflys on both carbs closed) and my foot to the floor with carbs wide open = wot @241 reading. hope that makes sense ? so they have made the ecu read the timing from where the tps sensor is. so the timimng will change depending on the tps reading.

thought i should mention that.

will let you know

thanks shaun