Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 68 Camaro rear seat rebuild questions
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 05:02 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I made a little bit more progress last night on the cover. Most of the back section is complete. I just have two more pieces on the outside of each side and a small piece at the bottom middle to complete. Then I plan on test fitting it to see where exactly the listing tape needs to go to make everything tight. The original listing was just about non existent, so I could not get a good measurement.

For my first cover, I'm fairly happy so far. There is a little bit of wrinkling around the curves for the inserts (I guess I pulled on the material a bit trying to make the turns). I'm trying not to obsess over it. I had little bit of trouble getting all four radii to be the same. I tried to start and stop the turns at the same points, but I wasn't measuring how much angle I was moving the material after each stitch and I was trying to follow the selvage edge but they did not come out perfect. Looking back, it may have been better to draw the stitch line on the material and follow that since I'm new to this (the rest of the sewing, I've just been using the selvage edge as my guide. Anyway, here is a pic of where its at now. Comments/suggestions are appreciated.