Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 68 Camaro rear seat rebuild questions
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey guys,

I finished up the bottom section of the rear seat. Overall, I'm pretty pleased for my first attempt at auto upholstery. I think I need to readjust the back cover because the bottom cover is pulled very tight because of the listing at the center seams so the top and bottom covers are not in perfect alignment, but I can shift the top piece left or right and they line up. In other words, I think I need to pull the top cover towards the outside on both sides and everything should line up. There is no listing in the top cover center seams so its not stretched like the bottom is. Here are a few pics.

Top section shifted to the left:

Top section shifted to the right:

I also started tearing down the front seats. The driver's seat was in pretty sad shape and of course there are a few broken springs I need to repair. The question I have now is about the bottom cover and how it is secured to the frame. I have seen J hooks before, but these have what looks like a flat piece of plastic that slides under a lip in the frame. Does anyone know the name for this stuff or where to get it? The original is in fairly good shape, but I still do not want to reuse it if I can find a replacement. Here is a couple pics:

Bottom cover secured to frame:

Plastic channel (you can see the lip it slides under):

Oh, and here is what I'm starting with:

Thanks!