Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 68 Charger all done!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:17 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
You know what's funny about doing a car like that, I think Henry will agree with me. When you finish up a huge project like that you have very mixed feelings. You feel like if you were paid a million dollars it wouldn't be enough for all the work you put in to it. But at the same time you have a feeling like if you got no pay but it just LEFT so you didn't have to look at it anymore , that would be fine too.

BRian
I know one thing for sure, when it, they, or any car I had a big hand in getting it straight is complete, there's nothing more gratifying than seeing it cast nice reflections after you buff it. Than when it gets final detailed and ready to go then it just screams for a 12 pack as everybody is running around the car taking pics of it in glee. I don't buff much here but can hang skill wise with the painter and when I do buff I enjoy it. Lot of body techs I know feel it's under them to buff butt I take it in stride and look at it as another opportunity to appreciate the efforts of the team as the shine from buffing breathes life into it. A great feeling indeed.