Hot Rod Forum banner

68 firebird into a 68 camaro?

16K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  geezer69 
#1 ·
I know this is probably taboo but i want to know.
can you change a 68 firebird to look like a 68 camaro?
taillights,fenders,hood ,grill, emblems?? ive got a 68 bird that needs front end work and the thought crossed my mind, but a 68 bird aint bad to have either....

#2 · (Edited)
:nono: what the hell is wrong with you?. that is downright sacreligious. ther's a million 1st gen camaros on the road. how many birds do you see? keep it a firebird. you should feel lucky to own one. the hardest part youd have doing it would be filling in the rear quarter where the pontiac emblems are, the interior changes, and the taillights. it would be a hell of a lot easier, and respectable, to just fix the front end. good luck to you :welcome:

#3 ·
I say stick with the poncho route too. I agree with tx68firebird that there are tons of camaros runnin' around. Don't get me wrong, I love the camaro, but the bird is nice to see! I don't see anything wrong with doing what you want to your own car - heck I get die hard Buick people that turn there noses up at me because I put a big block Chevy in my Skylark! (Maybe if it didn't cost an arm and a leg, sell your soul, and live in poverty to build a Buick I could have taken that route! :D ) Bottom line is it's your car. Have fun with it! I do, however, think the Firebird is the cooler route to take! Break up that Camaro monotony! :thumbup:

Rock on and God bless...

Señor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.