Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 69 bird won't hook up
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2001, 06:38 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

If your 69 is like my 68 with mostly original factory parts and you can talk the significante other (if applicable) in your life to pass off on the cost a great baseline package is the "G machine kit" from <a href="http://www.performancesuspension.com." target="_blank">www.performancesuspension.com.</a> Install those better than original componets and start from there. If youve already installed some of those items, pick and choose componets left. Always remember that Poncho are torque monsters and are different than most other hot rod motors. ( thats why the hard core pontiackers drive them)and plan with that in mind so you dont have to do it again. Hook up (like you are doing) with other bird owners that can tell you about their expensive mistakes and then DONT DO THAT, and you get where you want to go quicker and cheaper. I have owned and raced all the poncho blocks from 326 to 455 since 1974 (with the exception of the elusive 421)with most tranny combos so plse feel free to ask and I'll pitch my 2 cents in..