69 Camaro partial paint pics - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

X2 on what Dennis said, painting the hood laying down is fine...you will get better results on doors painting them the way they appear on the car. Reason being is that it's always more tempting to shoot for shine or to lay on more product when a panel is laying flat...with metallic's, often that's all they need to be off just a bit...and it can be noticeable.

Ray

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 PM

Last journal entry: New Rev wheels and BFG KDW II tires
Last photo:

Thanks for the explanation guys. I remember reading widetrack mentioning about how he writes all the details down on each job from another thread.

I've been lurking a lot reading up on all the tips you guys give. I still have a lot to learn. I don't think I do too bad though for only painting every few years.

Btw, I love the green on the Camaro. I have a soft spot for green for some reason. I have to say the blue is nice on mr4speed's Camaro too.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:23 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
LOL...guys I do have a boat load of pictures, they are on a computer that I was using a while back and I upgraded...in the last 2 months I've been trying to get them off of that hard drive onto the one I have now...I am a computer techtard...LOL...I have hired several other guys to lend a hand...with no luck...yet, but, I have spent a fair amount of money from paying the guys that have then knowledge to replacing hardware on my shop computer (that's the faster one) and still haven't been able to retrieve them.
Ray
How come you can't access the hard drive?

Have you tried an IDE/SATA (no, NOT like the gun!) adapter? Take your hard drive out of the computer, hook it up with this to your current computer and you access it just like an external hard drive.

Rosewill RCW-608 USB2.0 Adapter For IDE/SATA Device (Include Protection case) - Newegg.com
Old 10-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Thanks Josh...I've actually had the hard drive out of the original computer for quite some time...when the original computer died...it literally died, as in smoke everywhere. Don't know why but it did. I've had 2 guys so far come over and try and get the old hard drive to give up the information inside without any luck (these guys have pocket protectors and white tape holding their glasses together...one guy works as a computer tech at a local shop...and they're stumped...LOL).

I've been given an address where I can send the hard drive too and I hear that this company can bring virtually any hard drive back to life but, no guarantee...but, what I need to decide is, how much do I spend to get the pictures back....with all I have invested so far, do I spend more? I have a lot of these pictures in hard copy in my files of the builds so it would more for convenience than necessity.

The guys have tried the equipment that you show on the link....As I've mentioned...I am a "Techtard", that's why I brought in the computer guys....but hey...my Email has been working somewhat for about a week...I'm happy about that...LOL

Ray
Old 10-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64SS327 View Post
Thanks for the explanation guys. I remember reading widetrack mentioning about how he writes all the details down on each job from another thread.

I've been lurking a lot reading up on all the tips you guys give. I still have a lot to learn. I don't think I do too bad though for only painting every few years.

Btw, I love the green on the Camaro. I have a soft spot for green for some reason. I have to say the blue is nice on mr4speed's Camaro too.
I lurk around reading everything I can about engines, transmissions, interior, suspension...this site is amazing with all the knowledge and good people willing to share.

I have found that keeping detailed records takes little time and the rewards are well worth the effort. I've had people come back 8 years after the build and even longer needing a repair for whatever reason and all the information is documented. If I only did several 1 or 2 cars...not a big deal but, try and remember every code, every formula for every blended flame job, every graphic that been covered with a mid coat...impossible.

As I mentioned in my previous post...I had a major computer failure a few years ago...I still have everything in hard copy, the customer has a copy...where I screwed up is I should have had a back up electronic file...Now I do...LOL

Ray
Old 10-11-2013, 02:52 PM

Last photo:

Just finished base and clear on the shell last night. Here are a few more pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5530.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	88498   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5526.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	88506   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5527.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	88514   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5525.JPG
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	88522   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5524.JPG
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	88530  

Old 10-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Very nice, Very straight...excellent Dennis...just friggin excellent.

Ray
Old 10-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Last photo:

Thanks Ray for the kind words. Will let this sit a couple days or so, in the mean time will get the doors and deck lid sprayed. Then it will be time to put all the sheet metal on then lay out the stencil and start all over again. Here are a few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5529.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	88546   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5531.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	88554   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5532.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	88562   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5528.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	88570  
Old 10-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Excellent attention to detail Dennis...so often when doing any type of mounting point where an area will be covered with another piece of sheet metal like a fender or the bottom of a rad support, the prep work in those areas that will be hidden suffers...I hate that and obviously, so do you, great job on making all the areas shine Dennis.

Ray
Old 10-11-2013, 06:55 PM

Last photo:

WOW those are beautiful. Nice facility to work in too!!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:11 PM

What is the sanding or prep process ure talking about and what where u doing before
Old 10-13-2013, 06:28 PM

Last photo:

4spd that is one perfect job, my favorite color at that!

Killer work!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:42 AM

Last photo:

I noticed the floor is wet, do you wet it before painting? even though you are using paint booth of some sort ?
Old 10-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

The floor is often made wet paint booth pr not, no matter how hard you try, there will be dust in the environment, wetting down the floor helps minimize this. House keeping is extremely important, not just your painting area but, your air hose, your paint gun and especially yourself. Now with water born base coats, house keeping is even more important, if you put water on the floor of a booth when shooting water born base coat...the base will take as long as the floor to dry.

Ray
Old 10-19-2013, 06:19 AM

Last photo:

Thats a long time to dry.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.