Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 69 Chevelle rocker panel removal
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Replacing rockers is a very tough and extremely time consuming job not to mention is a major structural point to the car. So this means it is going to tie into a lot of the front A pillar bracing and rear quarter as well even going to be spot welded in places you have not been able to see yet until you start cutting into it. The first thing you should do is weld a brace on the inner door jamb to make sure nothing moves once you start cutting out the rocker. The way I do it to make it easier to get at all the spot welds is cut most of the rocker out of the way as to expose the spot welds. On the quarter I would cut about 1/4 inch bellow the seam at the rocker then you will be able to grind out the spot welds with the rocker out of the way, much easier. I try to use what works best in the situation you have, will use an air chisel (being cautious not to destroy the "good" sheetmetal) or a hammer and filed down screwdriver to get into tight areas. At any rate is not a fun job to do and usually ties into a lot of tight spots in the front lower A pillar. Hope this helps for what its worth............
The Following User Says Thank You to mr4speed For This Useful Post:
Wrencher (12-30-2012)