Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 69 Chevelle rocker panel removal
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
I will put her back together correctly! I"ve got some rot at the frt inner rocker, under the pillar, and the lower cowl, and am currently peeling up the floor. I got the 4pc floor, shoulda got the 2pc, but, oh well. I will post pics, haven't had much time lately.
well that's what I meant. you can do your best to fit it correctly but sometimes the aftermarket pos panels will have one flange that hangs over. It's very common. Sometimes the flanges don't want to meet and you have to find ways to make it meet. Sometimes you will feel the rocker wants to teeter. If it fits good on top you have to wrap it around the underside to meet the other flange with a 2x4 and porto. Not common but stuff like that isn't out of the question. Be sure to mock up your fender as well before you weld in that rocker otherwise the trajectory of the rocker might not match the fender. So in order to do this your door should be lined up good to the quarter so the fender is lined up good with your door and that's where your rocker end has to meet nicely with the fender down below. Then once it lines up with your door and fender weld it in.