Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 69 Chevelle rocker panel removal
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Finding a used one would be bestabout 2000.00 OR You can find a sheetmetal shop (duct work) and have them do all the bending but you have to know how to do a detailed blueprint drawing correctly.your local tec collage may have some welding coarses that'll teach you how to do mechanical drawing...I was lucky I had takin mechanical drawing in Jr high and loved it...
Tec, have you joined metalmeet.com ??? you can learn a bunch there too...mabee they have plans for building your own brake,you'll need a 6 footer at least..A press brake might be the easiest one to build...a lot of these metal working sites have use tools and equipement for sale...Like I said before it all starts with making your own patches then door bottoms ,rockers and stuff ...You have to evolve or you'll stagnate and burn out from run of the mill body and paint work...and all the crap that comes along with it...I've been at this 38 yrs and the only think I know for sure is theres always more to learn...
The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
tech69 (01-11-2013)