Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 69 Chevelle rocker panel removal
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry DBM, I just got time to get back. I found my floor issue...when I cut out the panel by the firewall mount, the mount and firewall floor had tilted towards the rear,No problem, all I had to do was remove the screws in the panel and pull the mount forward.....glad you guys told me to use screws..whew!

No loose door hinges, they both are 1/2 inch low at the quarter?? I'll keep looking, I will leave everything screwed until I find it. I have all the floor, 4pc, rockers, new mounts in, BTW, I took out the poly and got factory ones, it sits fine, I've only welded the frt and rear of the floor because it's butted.

Any tips on bracing for a full trunk, wheel houses, quarters, and tail panel? I'm not sure which to do first, trunk or quarters? Do I need to remedy the door sag before moving on? Or wait till all done? They will be getting skinned, and may need adjusted anyway.

I really appreciate all the help....it's been a bear, but I'd do it again now that I know what's involved!