Hot Rod Forum banner

69 corvette wiper nightmare!

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  docvette 
#1 ·
hey guys i need help with a 69 corvette. I cant find a schematic for the wipers anywhere!someone replaced the wipermotor and switch and mixxed up all the wires...and guess what it doesnt work. can some1 please help i have a lt blue,blk/ylw,dkblu,and blk wires but cant get then 2 work or figure out which wires go where

#4 · (Edited)
Try this

Doc here::pimp:

Try this one, If not readable, download it (the little file buttons on the upper left of the schematic when you put your pointer on the picture) and print it out...If that won't work, send the file to whatever imaging software you use and zoom in on it.

I cleaned the scanner up..been meaning to do that anyways...and ran it through paint shop pro 7 to enhance and clarify it.

If you still can't get it, post me back, I'll type the wire color/destination out for you!

Doc :pimp:

Attachments

#6 ·
hey doc,
thanx for trying to help but i think its the wrong one...on the switch inside the car i have 2 light blue,a black with white stripe and a dark blue....and does it have some kind of safety for the vac. opperated wiper door? theres a switch but cant find where its wired in. thanx again for all the help

#7 ·
Wires

Doc here:

According to the book it's the right one for early model Vettes...I think someone has changed wires on you at some point..The book only shows two versions, Early, 68 to 75 and later 75 to 82

The Wiper doors Should have a Vacuum switch mechanically attached to the wiper control switch like the Headlight doors.

In fact it uses the same vacuum source, Look to see if you have 2 vacuum taps coming out of the switch, If not, maybe someone put a Different system in there years ago..

You also have a "Park" interlock switch prevents the motor from running while the doors are closed this might be your problem also. I think it's located at the wiper doors..

Not a lot of info on this one..

Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.