Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Transmission - Rearend (
-   -   69 Fmx (

Gassman 04-19-2005 06:27 PM

69 Fmx
I need to replace the seal for the shifter shaft in a 69 FMX, do I have to remove the valve body first. I think I can get the shaft out by removing the front part of the valve body. Do the steel lines just pull out of the body. I think the part I am talking about is the pressure regulator. 04-23-2005 11:31 PM

Maybe these guys can answer your question.

Crosley 04-24-2005 11:05 AM

remove the valve body.

the transfer tubes simply pull out. It is not an easy task since under the vehicle you need 3-4 hands to line stuff up

Gassman 04-25-2005 07:54 PM

I installed the seal and oring Sat. All went well but you were right. I removed the front part of the valve body but I couldn't hardly hold everything to line it all up at once. Thanks for the reply.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.