69 mustang - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2003, 04:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

69 mustang

My first post here I dont know much about mustangs, but I found one today that I bought. I need help with the fender tag codes here is the way the fender tag on the passenger fender looks

3 21l 63c 3A

9t02r132263 F Dk Aqua M

PB GT DE TT CL RM MO MC

Can you help tell me any thing about this car, I know its a 69 mustang mach 1 but not much else.

Thanks Mike

I was told it was a 428 scj car but how can you tell?

Thanks mike

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2003, 07:03 PM
former member of HR.com

Last photo:

Did you try opening the hood?
Old 10-17-2003, 08:08 PM

Last photo:

Yes I opened the hood but I dint know anything about a ford, Ive always had chevys. I dont know on big block from another. helpful answers would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike
Old 10-17-2003, 08:12 PM
former member of HR.com

Last photo:

Well you know....

One day I was walking down the street, too. I saw a beautiful 1969 Mach One Mustang. Since I didn't know too much about Mustangs, I decided to reach into my pocket and give the guy $15,000 for it. But I didn't know what kind of engine it was either...wow it was just like what happened to you, Mike.

Then on that same day, I thought since I don't know much about Mustangs, maybe I should become a member in a hot rod discussion group. Yeah...that's the ticket! Then I can figure out if I spent my $15,000 wisely on a rare 428 CJ Mach One. That was even before I opened the hood, I spent all that money first.

So I asked a couple questions about Fords so that I could become a smarter person.

So on my way home I ran into Tom Selleck. He said hi to me. Well I thought that was good enough so I took off my clothes and had sex with him. Yeah, that's the ticket. When we were done we stopped at a fancy restaraunt and had dinner and Champagne, and Tom went home to his wife. But he gave me his phone number. Now whenever I need to breathe heavy and get physical, I call good old Tom.

Then I figured I better get a registration for my beautifully restored 1969 428 CJ Mach One, so I went to the license bureau. You'll never guess who was there at the line in front of me...Yes it was a...um.... Arnold Schwartzneggar! Yeah! thats the ticket. Well I didn't want to embarass him because he is the Governor of California, so I didn't take off my clothes after he said hi to me. But he gave me his phone number and took me for a ride in his BMW Z-3. He bought it because it is a German car (I think??? Maybe I'd better ask the hot rodders), and Arnold is German too.

Then I went home and went to bed.

PS - Will someone get the IP hounds on this terminally retarded scumbag before his homesexual partners send him to socalfords.com?
Old 10-17-2003, 08:27 PM

Last photo:

I tried looking on the net for info on mustangs searched on google it brought up this board. i figure I would ask here. Im honestly looking for help on how to check vin # and how to match numbers. I took the guys word on the car. Ive seen the car for years i know he bought it new in 69. Im a chevy person but he asked me if I knew anyone that wanted to buy it. I asked a freind about it he told me it was rare I took his word for it and purchased it. Im hoping it was a good decision but when i come here to ask question about the fender tag i get an ********* reponce from soom ***** is this what the board is all about? Im interested in what the 2 letter codes mean on the fender tag (PB GT DE TT CL RM MO MC) Ive gotten most of the other part figured out. Any helpful post would be appreciated. From anyone but the self enraged KAYLAH.

Thanks mike
Old 10-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Are we having fun yet?

Last photo:

Can you stick your fingers between the fender apron and the exhaust manifold? If the answer no, then you have a big block.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:45 PM

Last photo:

Thanks bud 23 It is a big block is there a way to tell witch big block it is? Thanks Mike
Old 10-17-2003, 09:36 PM
former member of HR.com

Last photo:

Gawd! You are so full of beans that my eyes are watering!

You can't honestly expect any rational adult in this forum to take you seriously can you?

Why don't you find an age appropriate forum to play in youngster?

TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL...
Old 10-17-2003, 09:40 PM

Last photo:

Why do you act like this? Im just trying to find out some info! If you cant be helpful move on.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:32 PM
former member of HR.com

Last photo:

OK pardner...

But you'll miss me when I move along!

Old 10-18-2003, 01:16 AM
Start those projects someday

Last journal entry: Divco - has been on the back burner
Last photo:

Hi Mike
I dont have my 69 Ford shop manuals here with me to ID all the numbers, but in another book I found that the 69 Ford with the letter "R" as the 5th digit in the VIN would be a 428CJ with ram air, 4 bbl carb, 335 horse engine. Hopefully it still has the original engine in it. You would probably need to go to a Mustang site or pick up a copy of a Mustang magazine to verify the engine as original.
There are plenty of really good people on this site Mike so stick around. Dont know what happened to Kaylah. I have always found her to be knowledgeable and informative, maybe just checking for trolls, or she may get better in a week or so.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:46 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Mike...if you can't change the sparkplugs you have a 428. You used to have to take them back to the dealer and they literally had to pull the engine up about 3-4" to change them. One of Fords last minute, hurry up and beat the General deals. Try these sites for decoding numbers
http://links.vintage-mustang.com/index.html
http://www.buyclassiccars.com/vin.asp
http://www.greatoldcars.com/Decoding.htm
http://www.classicmustang.com/decoding_part_numbers.htm

Kevin
Old 10-18-2003, 07:03 AM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:

Arrow

Kaylah, you've been a busy girl lately . But AHnold is Austrian. And yes the R in the serial # indicates a 428 ram air car. You can change the plugs though, I raced one for years, but you will want to let it cool down unless you like burns on your forearms.
Damn Kaylah, I never saw you in that outfit before .
Old 10-18-2003, 07:39 AM

Last photo:

Thanks for the info. If a troll is someone here to waste time that is not me. Im 32 not a kid, just have never messed with any fords.

Heres the story I'm a tree cutter by trade, one of my customers that live near me has alwalys had a mustang, sat in the drive way hasn't move in years. He kept it covered, I remember back in school people wanting to buy it but I didnt like fords so I never asked why. I stopped by becase he has a dead tree, I talk to him and he told me he has been sick, just had a 6 bypass surgery said he needed some work done but was simply broke. He asked me if I knew anyone that wanted the car, I checked with a freind who has a mustang '67 he told me that the car is rare. He asked me how much he wanted i said 7000 he told me buy it. i went back a purchased the car the title said the car was purchased in 10/69 the guy told me he had it since new. He said a year or two before he parked it he had the engine overhauled because the cam broke. H told me that the motor was not bored and it is the original engine. A few years latter he tried to start it and the carb was leaking it cought fire and burned 4 spark plug wires and wire to the coil. That is the way he left it. been sitting for 12 years under a tarp in the driveway. He alwalys planned to fix the car but now simply has no money, needed to sell, I am trying to check to see if the number match on the car but havent learned to do so. The body is pretty straight expect for the front bumper lower valance and front edge of hood and fender (wife hit a dog). If the number are correct should I keep the car or sell it if so where? The only rust I see is in the lower rear corner panels and small holes a round one tail light. All the pictures that I have found on these cars shows them with a rear wing ( spoiler) This does not was that a differnt option? Thanks for all the info.

Thanks Mike
Old 10-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:

Arrow

If it is a 428 car, even if it isn't the original engine, as long as it has the CJ motor you shouldn't have any trouble selling it. They are one of the most desirable Mustangs around, only eclipsed by a few much rarer models.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.