Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '69 mustang torque box replacement
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 09:35 PM
John's '69 Mustang

Last journal entry: few more
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I appreciate both your comments regarding my problem. I found a place called Canadian Mustang Parts Store, however I know it is affiliated with an American counterpart. I don't know if it the same place you talk about but I will exercise some diligence before I order anything. (I've not order anything as yet)
I've spent the last few weeks researching a wide variety of issues that relate to the work ahead of me. I've purchased a new MIG welder, tracking down some 25/75 argon/CO2 gas and flow-meter. I bought myself a high quality spot weld cutter, which is worth every penny. I'm likely going to order the floor pans, torque box, frame rail extensions, rear quarter panels and a front fender prior to Christmas. If I buy at least $600 worth of parts, shipping is free. Canadian Mustang Parts Store is in Langley B.C. (thats in the coastal province adjacent to Alberta to the west for those of you not familiar with Canadian geography) I live quite far north so the shipping is a potentially large component of my costs.
I will ask for some references and follow up prior to ordering what I need.
I would still very much like to talk with someone who might understand how the load is carried throughout the Mustang body and to what extent I can rely on the remaining structure to carry the load after I remove these parts. I think I understand how the load is supposed to be carried when the car has it's full integrity, but like this it is clearly different and a bit more complex.
Again, thanks for the comments and keep em coming.....about this or any other aspect of the work facing me. JT

Last edited by jt50583; 12-01-2004 at 09:35 PM.