Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 6K To Spend, What Motor?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 PM

Last journal entry: Metal Cancer is Found
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M CUSTOM
If you plan on spending all 6K on just your engine and nothing else, you pretty much have your mind all set and none of us can really help you any more. You say reliable motor that doesn't need adjusting by you?,
No by 6K I mean that is the limit I have to spend. I am not at all set on anythying that is why I asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M CUSTOM
and you insist on carbureted over EFI, you just contradicted yourself, there are more adjustments needed with some amount of re-adjusting to get even a brand new carb running even closely to what even a simple throttle body injector would require, and rebuilding a TBI is very simple and less than rebuilding even a Weber/Edelbrock style carb.
Really? I did not know carbureted was more difficult than EFI. The reason I DID NOT want to go EFI was because I did not want to purchase a computer to handle everything. If you can tell me that EFI is not more expensive, and easier to work with than I am all ears. I think my understanding of EFI is not correct.. Like I said your local Moron here asking questions..