7.3 Diesel--ponder this in your head. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2002, 10:18 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post 7.3 Diesel--ponder this in your head.

I have a 1993 F350 Diesel Dually non-powerstroke-non turbo- non indirect fuel injection, just a plain-jane 7.3.
My question is i replaced it last summer cuz i blew it, and with the new engine, i have so much more power than it ever had when it was new, i ve driven in the same trucks as mine and they had to downshift all the way to second sometimes to make it up a hill while me im in overdrive goin up it no problem. I raced my buddies F-350 with a 351 in it and i had him all the way till like 35-40 mph then his RPM's built up, i raced a Saab 900 before and i had him until like 65 then i slowed down cuz we were on a busy street, anyways could anbone have any ideas on why i got so much power now.
Put this into your head too--its a utility truck full of tools constantly-hydraulic liftgate on the back, all in all the truck weighs around 10000 pounds with the liftgate and tools and air compressor. It aint right to see a truck like this kicking your cars butt. I have not turned the fuel flow up on the pump, i have not advanced the timing, everythings stock, could somethign have been done this engine when it was redone. I bought it rebuilt. But then again what can you do to the inside of a diesel except either fuel flow or air flow???
Another thing is does anyone know of anything i could buy for my engine, i know everything they sell is for the actual powerstrokes and everythign but there has to be something i could do this. I will soon tho, be putting on dual turbos on it.hehehe WATCH THIS THING GO!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2002, 10:31 AM

Don't ***** if you got all that power. If you need some more add propane injection. Like NOS for diesels.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:41 AM

You are truely lucky to get such a good running motor as you have described. I had a very similar truck (1995 model, company truck)at one time, with a 4 speed and the plain 7.3 diesel. The truck I had would have probaly pulled a mountain over. But for speed, I could have probably jumped out and ran around the truck a few times until it was in third gear and then jump back in. It was always painfully difficult to merge into traffic, nobody dared to get behind it. Top speed on interstate: 55 mph
Old 09-12-2002, 11:30 AM

In bigger diesels, the injector size can make a difference in h.p., could this have happened? Is the engine exactly like what you had, all numbers match.

There is an aftermarket exhaust system I think you could install to get alittle more, or even going to a larger size exhaust.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:21 PM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

There is also that little computer chip. the Cummins we put in Freightliner trucks can go from mild to wild with the change of a little piece of plastic!
Old 09-13-2002, 05:23 PM

Unhappy

Mine cant have a computer chip, its not electronic fuel injection its mechanical the only thing that has wires running to it are the glow plugs and the sensors...

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.