Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 70 Chevelle Conv. Dyeing Cloth Interior? Or Replace?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 PM

Last wiki edit: Wiring diagram 1953 Chevrolet
Last journal entry: Spare Tire Dent Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 647

Dan,

I talked with Doug @SMS last Monday and after a couple of emails back and forth of pictures of the cloth, he came up with a few samples that he is sending out in the mail. Should be here early next week. Looking at using a 82-2413 Corvette wool material based on the pictures Doug sent.

I was going to order 3 yards of the material and pickup the vinyl local. Red is not a popular color as it once was and my thought was to dye a similar weave of the fabric in red, but finding a wool material that will accept and hold a dye again is not to common as it once was.

Once I receive the fabric sample, its the matching up to the existing interior panels to the material that are going to be the pain. Just look at the difference the door panels can be altered using a camera flash and fluorescent overhead lights! Same goes with the seat vinyl.

Doug suggested that the red material for the bench seats might have been a custom cloth, as convertibles were usually always all vinyl. Trim tag says it is a 787 red interior.

Thanks for your assistance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5565.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	70718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5571.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	70719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5572.JPG