Hot Rod Forum banner

'70 Chevelle throttle bracket ?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TailGater 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Over the weekend I was helping a buddy of mine with his car, he has a 70 Chevelle with a 350 2bbl and a th-350 we replaced the timing chain and water pump on it, and while it was apart we decided to put a quadrajet on it, everything went fairly smoothly until we tried hooking up the throttle cable and the kick down cable, the original bracket was too far back to hook them up to the carb. i was able to bend the bracket far enough ahead to hook the throttle cable up, but there was no way the kick down was going to work with that bracket.
what i'm wondering is will a bracket off of an 80's 4 barrel engine, like say a caprice or something like that work? or will it have to be off of a similar car like another Chevelle? I don't think it matters but, the intake is off a 84 Regal and the carb is from a 83 Delta 88.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

#3 ·
throttle bracket

Seems to me that there is no one car that will have the bracket you need-mainly because of the Olds Quadrajet.You should study the throttle mechanism on the 2-bbl.to get an idea for swing distances to adapt the throttle arm on the Olds Quadrajet to suit your purpose.Just a thought.Maybe even attatch the 2 bbl throttle arm to the Quadrajet-

#4 ·
thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure the throttle linkage on the Olds carb is the same as a Chevy carb, I seem to recall swapping an Olds carb onto a sbc before, however the car was already set up for a quadrajet.
At a glance the linkage on the two barrel looked the same as the quadrajet linkage, it just seems like it is further forward on the intake.

Chris

#7 ·
Thanks again for the replies,
eyesore, the kick down will reach the carb, the cable is plenty long, its just when its in the bracket that it doesn't fit, even when its adjusted all the way out its still placed too far back.
73oldsman, thanks for the link, we may have to go with something like that if we cant find a factory bracket for the car.
one thing about this hobby, you never stop learning, sometimes the smallest details can trip you up.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.